T1 League of Legends team tries Valorant, Faker surprises

Why did they choose so numerous duelists?!??!?

Just after shelling out a thirty day period absent from home competing at Worlds 2022, the League of Legends T1 squad are back in South Korea fulfilling their livestream obligations.

On a the latest November stream, top rated laner Choi “Zeus” Woo-je was goofing close to in ARAM and Summoner’s Rift, then Overwatch 2, in advance of switching to Valorant — wherever his teammates joined him for two unranked game titles on Haven and Ascent.

The five-guy stack unexpectedly won the initially map even nevertheless they were down 4-8 simply because the opposing group abruptly surrendered ahead of swapping sides.

It was on the second map, Ascent, exactly where they ended up pushed to their limits, and where by the oldest player on the squad, Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok, proved that he’s continue to the GOAT — at least among the LoL squad — in extra than just one Riot Video games title.

T1 League of Legends team unlikely to change pro participant careers to Valorant whenever soon

Screenshot by Amanda Tan/A person Esports

Contrary to MOBA recreation League of Legends, FPS is all about response time that needs a wholly distinctive set of mechanics, so their professional player techniques weren’t specifically transferrable.

Trailing 2-7 on very first map Haven, Faker was read exclaiming just after that round, “Kids! I killed a few on my have!”

To which Zeus replied, “Hyung (more mature brother in Korean), you have a ton of income. Can you obtain me a gun? Invest in it for me! Invest in it for me!”

“I’ll place you,” mentioned Faker, which built Zeus joyful.

The LoL crew then picked three duelists on Ascent: Phoenix, Neon, and Jett, and rounded off their agent composition with initiator Sova and controller Brimstone.

What they totally lacked was a sentinel, another person who could anchor site, flank, and delay pushes with qualities — which was highly significant due to the fact they started off on protection.

T1 League of Legends roster plays Valorant on Ascent map and loses, Faker gets MVP
Screenshot by Amanda Tan/One Esports

Just after having difficulties on protection, the squad could not make up for the rounds on offense, and at some point lost 5-13. Even with anyone ending with a damaging KDA, Faker’s ACS was the greatest at 236, which is probably why the procedure named him group MVP.

What is even additional fascinating is that Faker on Phoenix had zero helps in excess of 18 rounds, which is rather uncommon in a 5v5 crew-centered video game.

Not undesirable for a 26-calendar year-aged, the eldest on the workforce.

Check out the whole November 22 VOD on Zeus’ AfreecaTV channel in this article. Adhere to One particular Esports on Facebook and Twitter for extra LoL news, guides, and highlights.

Study Far more: Former SKT best laner MaRin is Workforce Liquid’s head mentor for LCS 2023

Related posts